Audiology and Hearing Aid Services
Hearing Aid Dispensing & Fitting
Do you want to regulate the volume of the hearing aid yourself, or would you prefer a hearing aid that adjusts automatically to any hearing situation?
- At the hearing aid fitting, you will receive the hearing aids you selected. They are programmed based on a prescription that is specific to each person’s hearing loss. The hearing professional may make adjustments after you try the hearing aids to make sure the settings and fit are ideal for you.
- To determine the optimum settings for your hearing aids, we use your audiogram, as well as your personal impression of how well you can hear. This adjustment process is carried out using a computer.
- When adjusting your hearing aids, we take various measurements to check how well you can hear. Once we teach you how to operate them and instruct you on the energy supply (batteries), you should wear your new hearing aids for a few days in your regular surroundings.
- Based upon what you tell us about how well you can hear in your everyday surroundings, we will make any necessary final adjustments to your hearing aids.
Once your hearing aids have been fitted to your complete satisfaction, we will provide you with detailed information on how they should be maintained. Of course, you can have your hearing aids checked by us at any time. This will ensure that the sound quality remains as good as ever, and will extend the life of your aids. We prefer you see us every three months your first year to assure you are getting the best results possible with your new hearing aids. There is no additional charge for these visits while the aids are in warranty.
In Office Services
- We encourage ongoing cleaning and maintenance after your hearing aid purchase to ensure you receive optimum performance and benefit from your hearing aid(s). We encourage all our patients to come in for regular hearing aid check-ups and cleaning.
- Repairs, Maintenance, Cleanings, and Warranties come with all brands of hearing aids. We offer in-office repairs when possible on most makes/models.
Counseling on the use and care of your hearing aids
Professional staff is available to help you with problems you may be having with your hearing aids. They can also spend time with you and discuss ways to make listening with hearing aids easier in your day-to-day life. Family members are welcome and encouraged to come with you and learn about your hearing aids.
Hearing Aid Repairs
Some minor hearing aid repairs can be done in the office setting in a short period of time; others will need to be sent to the manufacturer for repair. Your hearing professional can help determine what kind of a repair is necessary if you feel your hearing aid is not working properly.
Custom Earmolds for Hearing Protection & Sleeping
We provide full-custom hearing protection tailored to fit your ears. Your ears are just as individual and distinct as fingerprints - no two ear canals are exactly the same shape or size, and that means your ears are totally unique. That also means it can be a big challenge to find the perfect ear plugs for your ears, whether you need protection from noise or water, whether you're looking for top-notch shooter's hearing protection or just a perfectly-shaped set of plugs to wear while you sleep.
Cell Phone Accessories
Custom earmolds for cell phone headrests, Bluetooth compatible device, hands-free and more.
Evaluation and Fitting for Musician's Ear Plugs & Ear Level Monitors
Musicians practice and perform in a variety of different settings. They are exposed to high levels of sound, sometimes for long periods, which may put them at risk for permanent hearing damage. Musician’s ear plugs are custom-made devices that help to limit the sound exposure from instruments, while still providing a rich musical experience for the performer or audience. In-ear monitors (IEMs) are devices used by musicians to listen to music or to hear a custom crafted mix of vocals and stage instrumentation for live performance or recording studio mixing. They are often custom fitted for an individual's ears to provide comfort and a high level of noise reduction from ambient surroundings.
Evaluation and demonstration of Assistive Listening Devices (ALDs) including FM systems, Alarm Clocks, TV and Phone Amplifiers
Assistive listening devices are devices that can help a listener function better in day-to-day communication situations. ALDs can be used with or without hearing aids to make hearing easier, which can reduce the overall stress and fatigue of listening. ALDs can be used in the home to make alarms, the television and telephone more audible. They can also be connected to personal hearing aids for better listening in noisy environments.
Hearing Aid Accessories & Supplies
Hearing Aid Batteries
We keep a supply of batteries for you to purchase in our office. We are always happy to mail batteries to you with no cost for postage.
Make sure to check the batteries in your hearing devices often and make sure there is no dirt, wax or debris interfering with the batteries performance. Batteries that are properly charged will make a noise (a squeal) when cupped in your hand or after it has been inserted in your ear, when you cup your hand over the hearing aid it will also make a noise.
- Size 10 (yellow)
- Size 312 (brown)
- Size 13 (orange)
- Size 675 (blue)
With our hearing aid battery club we track your battery purchases for you and award free batteries for those who participant. The Battery Club is a convenient way to make sure you always have hearing aid batteries when you need them.
Hearing Aid Supplies
We carry a full range of supplies for cleaning, storing & maintaining your hearing aids, including wax guards, battery testers, cleaning tools, cases, dry aid kits, etc.